- Dr. Amanda Mathew received pilot funding from NUCATS for a new project, "COPD and well-being study: Addressing shared risk factors underlying anxiety, depression, and nicotine dependence among COPD patients."
- Allison Carroll received the Walter F. Burke Award for excellence in clinical psychology from the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Congratulations, Allison!
- We are excited that our team is growing – welcome to our new research assistants, Celine Reyes and Edgardo Ramirez!
- See Dr. Mathew’s comments on regulating e-cigarettes in the Tribune! Click here to read the article.
Tobacco in the News
Notable tobacco-related current events.
- Extended Treatment With Nicotine-Replacement Therapy Offers No Added Benefit for Patients With Psychiatric Disorder: Presented at SRNT
Brian L Hitsman, PhD
Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine (Behavioral Medicine) and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences